Energy Efficient Gift Guide for Yearlong Savings
Posted by: Anna | 12/09/2014 at 10:41 AM
Energy saving gifts really are the gifts that keep on giving—because they continue to pay off long after the wrapping has come off. Here are a few suggestions for seasonal gifts that will be appreciated for years to come.
- Something Solar – There are a number of solar powered accessories, ranging from exterior lights and backpacks to cell phone and battery chargers, even toys for the kids. Look for them online or in most major electronics stores.
- Keep it Clean – Hardware may seem a little practical, but since low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators can cut water consumption by 50%—saving both water and energy—your common sense will be appreciated.
- Feather Your Nest – Nest is a programmable thermostat you don’t have to program—you simply adjust it and it learns how you want to manage your heating and cooling. It’s easier to use than other programmable thermostats, and can help save on energy bills.
- Cook Up Some Savings – If the chef in your family doesn’t already have one, a pressure cooker is a great gift. These devices cut energy use by up to 70%, and prepare food faster.
- For Fido or Fluffy – Energy efficient pet doors form an airtight seal to keep outside air from getting in while allowing your pet complete freedom to come and go.
- Take a Tablet – Tablets are much more efficient than full-size computers or laptops. It’s about 25 times cheaper to power a tablet than a desktop.
Remember, when you give energy efficient gifts, your loved ones will receive all year long.
Back to the Spark →