Five Leadership Lessons for a Successful Small Business
Posted by: Anna | 06/10/2014 at 02:23 PM
Building a successful small business takes hard work and dedication. Developing the leadership skills needed to make that dream a reality is no different.
Take a quick look at these five leadership lessons that can help your small business flourish:
- Communicate Goals Effectively – To create a clear vision for your team, be succinct and direct about your goals and what you want to accomplish.
- Listen Attentively – Go into every conversation with the intent to listen more than you speak. Be attentive and focus on fully understanding questions or concerns. This will go a long way in establishing a proper line of communication.
- Motivate Your Team – It’s important to generate enthusiasm within your team. Inspire those around you to be their best, and your whole team will benefit from the results.
- Build Relationships – Have a good sense of humor, establish a genuine rapport and encourage teamwork. The relationships you form will provide a strong foundation for your growing business.
- Be Accountable – It’s hard to respect a person that routinely throws others under the bus. Take responsibility for your actions and figure out what you can do to help your team succeed.
Be proactive in your journey to become the best leader you can be. This will not only have a positive impact on your career, but can also help to bring out the best in your team.
Back to the Spark →