National Cut Your Energy Costs Day
Posted by: Anna | 01/10/2018 at 11:01 AM
There’s something nice about the start of a new year. It’s an opportunity to make better choices, have fun and move closer to your goals. National Cut Your Energy Costs Day on January 10 is a great incentive to take concrete steps toward one of the most popular new year’s resolutions: saving money.
Saving Money for the New Year
As an Ambit Independent Consultant, this is a great opportunity to share energy-saving tips and create a value-add for both current and potential Customers. It’s also a great chance to invite friends and family to learn more about the benefits of being an Ambit Consultant. In fact, by sharing tips you can turn this one day event into a month-long celebration and set up a fantastic year for your Customers and your business!
Energy-Saving Tips for the New Year
Celebrate National Cut Your Energy Costs Day by using the hashtag #CutYourEnergyCostsDay and plan to share different tips and tricks over multiple days during the next month. Social media is a great way to spread the message of how Ambit can help people reach their new year’s resolutions about saving money.
- Follow up with friends and family to share the Ambit Opportunity. As an Independent Consultant, you know what a great product you have. Show folks the Ambit plans that best meet their needs or the power of the Ambit Opportunity.
- Schedule heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) tune up. Tune ups keep your home air system efficient and can extend the life of the overall system, saving you money. Many HVAC companies offer an annual plan where two to four tune ups can be purchased at one time. Consistent home air system tune ups can save you three to 10 percent annually on electric bills!
- Weatherproof your home for energy and cost savings. Did you know that replacing weather stripping your home can lead to 11 percent in energy savings? Making sure your home is properly sealed leads to less heat/ac loss and greater efficiency.
- Use a programmable thermostat. If your house is empty all day, there’s no need to heat and cool it at the same rate as when it is occupied. Setting up and properly using a programmable thermostat can save nearly $200 per year.
- Lower your water heater temperature. Often people forget a small adjustment to their water heater can make a big difference on their energy bills. According to Energy.gov, you can save nearly $475 annually by adjusting your water heater from 140 degrees Fahrenheit to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Watch water usage. Smarter use of water will help with energy savings. Consider taking shorter showers and wait until you have a full load of clothes or dishes before using the washing machine or dishwasher. Also, consider line drying clothes instead of using your clothes dryer.
- Level up your bulbs. Use of compact fluorescent bulbs is a smart choice, especially moving into the era of the smart home. These bulbs can last anywhere from three to 25 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs and they use 25 to 80 percent less energy. It’s a win-win.
Start your new year on the right, energy-saving, budget-friendly foot with these great tips for National Cut Your Energy Cost Day. Happy New Year!
Back to the Spark →