Building Your Ambit Brand with Google My Business
Posted by: Claire M | 01/04/2019 at 09:00 AM
Nearly two billion people use Google every month. Making your Ambit Energy business available to all those curious potential Customers is smart branding and good business. And while it’s no substitute for your personal expertise and enthusiasm, it also helps establish your presence as a serious, savvy professional who’s serious about building their organization. Best of all, it’s quick and easy.
Here’s all you need to do:
- Go to the Google My Business homepage and click the ‘Start Now’ button.
- Enter the name of your business as ‘Ambit Energy Consultant: [Your Name]’ and click ‘Next.’
- Enter the address where you conduct your Ambit Energy business, whether that’s your home or office address. Note: If you do not have an office location, you must provide a home location where mail can be delivered. Do not include Ambit Energy’s Corporate address. Additionally, Google will require a verification of your business later in the signup process via mail that requires a real physical location.)
- For ‘What kind of business do you run?’ enter your business category as Consultant.
- The next step is ‘Make Connections.’ This is optional. Enter your phone number if you would like to use it to help clients contact you quickly.
- Click the blue ‘Finish’ button to finish, and then click the blue ‘Mail’ button so Google can verify your business.
Congratulations! You’ve just created a Google My Business page!
Within a few days of completing your page, you’ll receive a postcard from Google in the mail. Be sure to complete the required steps for verification and return it as directed.
Once you’ve been verified, your Ambit business will be searchable on the world’s most popular search engine, making it easier than ever for new and existing Customers and Consultants to get in touch with your business.
Back to the Spark →