How to Save on Energy in Texas this Summer
Posted by: Javier | 07/16/2020 at 08:29 PM
Hot Texas summers are here to stay, and this year is no different. While there are many energy saving tips that are helpful all year long, the following methods are some of the biggest energy savers during the heat of the summer:
Energy Saving Tips
- Set your thermostat least four degrees warmer when you’re away. We recommend using a programmable thermostat for ease of use. For every two degrees that you raise your thermostat, you can save up to 10% on energy usage.
- Use ceiling fans to cool your home. When you run your ceiling fans counterclockwise in the summer, you can easily raise your thermostat by four degrees without reducing comfort.
- Clean or replace your air filters every two months. To keep your A/C running smoothly, replacing a dirty filter, which restricts airflow and decreases efficiency, could reduce the energy consumption of your air conditioner by five to 15%.
- Review your Ambit Energy Advisor weekly email. Ambit makes monitoring energy usage easy and convenient with the Ambit Energy Advisor, a weekly email notification that provides customers with Smart Meters with detailed information on energy use, projected billing and more. Use it to analyze and take control of your monthly energy spend by spotting where you can make changes. You can also login to MyAmbit Account to review your usage summary anytime.
Texas Plans and Programs
We also have great plans and programs designed specifically for our Texas customers:
- Choose the right plan for your home. Our Summer Break plan automatically gives customers 50% off energy charges from June through September, making it the perfect way to take a vacation from high bills.
- Earn Free Energy. The best way to cut your energy bill is to get it for free. Ambit’s Free Energy program lets customers earn Free Energy by referring 15 customers who enroll with Ambit as their energy provider. You’ll receive an energy credit equal to up to 100% of your energy costs, not including taxes, transmission costs and other fees.
We’re Here for You
This season may be especially challenging for our valued Ambit Energy family, and we are committed to supporting our customers when you need us. Learn more about how we are providing support with payment flexibility, payment assistance, and other forms of assistance.
Back to the Spark →